mardi 31 mai 2016

Reading Comprehension #3 - Elementary

Read the text about Pavel and choose the correct answers.

Hi, my name’s Pavel and I’m from the Czech Republic.  I live in Brno and I’m an engineer.  I’m thirty-four years old and I’m not married.  I work from Monday to Friday but I have free time too!

On Mondays and Wednesdays I go to the gym after I finish work.  On Tuesdays I usually stay at home and read my sports magazines or I watch a DVD.  I love films.  Then on Thursdays I play football with my colleagues from work and on Fridays I meet my friends and we go to a restaurant for dinner. 

Sport is very important to me and in the winter I go skiing every weekend.  I can ski very well.  In the summer I go cycling and when it’s hot I go swimming.  I enjoy other things too … I love music but I can’t play an instrument and although my friends say that I can’t sing – I don’t agree!  I love food but I can’t cook!   

I check my emails every day so please write to me and tell me about your hobbies.


Choose the correct answers.

0. Pavel is _________.
a. Czech
b. Polish
c. German
 
1. He _________.
a. works
b. doesn't work
c. is retired
 
2. He goes to the gym _________.
a. every day
b. twice a week
c. once a week
 
3. He enjoys _________.
a. books and films
b. magazines and films
c. magazines and TV
 
4. He _________ eats at home.
a. sometimes
b. always
c. usually
 
5. He can _________.
a. ski and sing
b. cycle and cook
c. ski and swim

 

 

more readings

 

 

 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire