mardi 24 mai 2016

Reading Comprehension #6

Read this article and answer the questions.

Our friends
My name is Sally and I live in a quiet street near the centre of town.  Our house is quite small but we’ve got a big garden.  I live with my husband Geoff and our two children, Polly and Jack.  There are three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a big living room, a sunny kitchen and a garage.  We’ve got two cars there!  The children have got their own play room in the loft so they can play games and listen to music there.  I love this house and I love our neighbours too.

Tina lives opposite our house.  She’s a teacher at the same school where Geoff teaches.  She’s a good friend.  We sometimes have a cup of coffee together in the afternoon after school but she’s always busy at the weekends because she does a lot of housework.  I never do any cleaning at the weekends because I want to spend time with the children.  I usually do it on Mondays.  The children are very good and they help me a lot. They always lay the table, empty the dishwasher and tidy the living room.

Paolo lives near Tina and he’s from Rome.  He’s a chef at the Italian restaurant in town.  He’s a really good cook and he makes dinner at his house for his friends.  I love Italian food!  He doesn’t speak very good English but I speak Italian.  He likes technology and he’s got a big flat-screen TV and DVD player in the living room.   I think he spends a lot of time on the Internet because he writes emails to his friends and family.

Who...

...isn't English?
Paolo
a)...does housework on Saturday and Sunday?
_____
b)...speaks Italian?
_____
c)...is married to Sally?
_____
d)...has got a room at the top of the house?
_____
e)...has got a computer?
_____

 

 

 

more readings

 

 

 

2 commentaires: