vendredi 27 mai 2016

Reading Comprehension #7 - Pre Intermediate

Read the advice about dealing with stress. Who makes each suggestion (1–5)?

I’ve got some really important exams next week. If I don’t get really good results, I won’t get a place to study medicine at university and it has always been my dream to become a doctor. I’m not sleeping and I can’t concentrate and I’ve lost my appetite as well. Can anyone offer me some good advice?
Desperate, Brighton

Have you tried yoga? I know it sounds crazy, but sometimes you really need to just close your mind and stop thinking. There are a lot of yoga books and DVDs around, so you don’t have to join a class. Since I started doing yoga a year ago, I can’t tell you how much my life has changed. You find some kind of inner quiet where your mind stops ‘talking’, you concentrate on your breathing and you feel energised afterwards.
Ronnie, Sydney

Physical exercise is really important for balance. Our lives are so busy these days. We have deadlines, targets, ambitions and challenges and while we are so busy following these dreams, we forget about balance. Most of us live in our heads all the time. If you’re like me, you probably spend a lot of time at the computer or sitting with books and papers. You should take a break from studying at least once an hour. If you have a garden, go outside and just look at the flowers and trees and listen to the birds. 
Max, Los Angeles

Sing!  That’s my advice. Put on your favourite music, dance and sing. Don’t worry about the neighbours or the dog! Whenever I feel depressed or stressed I put on some music.  Simple as that and I’ll bet you fly through your exams.
Lydia, Jo’burg
Go to the gym as often as you can. Physically hard exercise makes you feel much more alive and focused. You should try to train at least four times a week and of course it’s important to eat healthily as well. Try not to eat sweet things as the high you get from the sugar disappears very quickly. 
Brad, Ontario

You need to switch off your brain so why don’t you get some DVDs of your favourite comedies and treat yourself to an hour every day before you go to bed? Then you’ll go to sleep feeling happy, not thinking about physics and chemistry. While you sleep your brain will process all the things you have learned during the day, but in a better way.
Jen, Cardiff

Who makes each suggestion (1–5)?

Take regular breaks. Max
   
a) Don't eat chocolate.
_____
b) Do relaxation exercises.
_____
c) Use the voice.
_____
d) Laugh.
_____
e) Get out of the house.
_____

 

 

more readings

 

 

 

 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire