samedi 18 juin 2016

Reading Comprehension #7 - Elementary

Read the email. Are the statements are true (T) or false (F)?

Hi everyone!

This is the end of the first week of the new term and I’ve got lots of new classmates I want to tell you about!

There are twelve students in this class. We’re Class A and we come from a lot of different countries.  It’s really funny because we only speak English. I can’t speak Spanish or Czech or Japanese and I only know a few words in German and French.  I think it’s good for us.

Stefan is from Munich in Germany. I think his English is good. I like him because he’s very friendly. He’s slim and tall with dark hair.  He wears glasses and he has a lovely smile. I’m sure all the girls think he’s handsome! Then there’s Michael who’s also from Germany but he’s quite unfriendly. 

Zdenka is from the Czech Republic. She’s quite shy so I don’t know her very well.  She’s very tanned with long fair hair and she’s very attractive. The boys all like her of course.

I usually sit next to Ana who’s from Spain. I can’t understand her English because she has a strong accent but I like her very much. She’s very confident and pretty with short dark hair. She’s quite short and very slim.

Akiko is from Japan, from Kyoto I think. She’s a lovely person but very quiet. I think she’s shy and her English isn’t very good. She spends time with the other Japanese girl Keiko. I think they live in the same house too.

Our teacher, Greg, is from Australia. He’s tall with a grey beard and moustache.  I don’t know how old he is but maybe fifty. He’s very funny and friendly and he always helps us. I think he’s very good.

So, that’s it for now. Please write back and give me your news.

Love

Lara

Are the sentences True(T) or False(F)?

a) Lara thinks Stefan is attractive.
_____
b) She doesn’t like Michael.
_____
c) Zdenka is very confident.
_____
d) Lara’s best friend in the class is Ana.
_____
e)The Japanese girls speak English well.
_____

 

 

more readings

 

 

 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire