samedi 17 septembre 2016

Reading Comprehension #1 - Intermediate

Read this magazine article. Are the statements true (T) or false (F)?

Last month we asked our readers to write and tell us about a special relationship in their lives. Thank you to everyone who wrote in; we enjoyed reading all your stories. Over the next few weeks, we’ll be publishing some of your entries.

A friend for life

My friends have always been incredibly important to me as I'm an only child but one friend in particular, Clare, has always been special to me. We've known each other for almost twenty years and we met when we were both teaching at the same school. As soon as she introduced herself I knew that we would be friends. It was clear that we were very much on the same wavelength and had a lot in common - we're both very keen on sports amongst other things and after a couple of months we decided to share a flat together.
What is it that makes her such a good friend? Well, she's totally dependable, funny, tolerant, generous, kind-hearted and almost always upbeat. I can honestly say that in all the years I've known her we've hardly ever fallen out and if we have an argument, we make up very quickly. I really enjoy her company and we can spend hours together just messing around. We have the same sense of humour and spend a lot of time laughing at the silliest things.
Unfortunately, I had to move away recently because I'd been offered a new teaching job. I was worried that we might lose touch as we're no longer in the same country but we've managed to stay as close as ever. Clare is really good at keeping in touch with her family and friends and thanks to phone and email we're able to speak or write to one another almost every day.
Last year she invited me to Canada during the summer holiday to spend time with her family. It was so good to see where she grew up. Her childhood was so different from mine as she was brought up in the country while I grew up in a big city. She's the oldest of six children and the only one who didn't stay close to home so when she goes home she has a lot of catching up to do.

I can't imagine her not being in my life and I must say that I feel incredibly lucky to have her as a friend.

True (T), false (F) or not given (NG)?

The writer is a teacher.
T
   
a) The writer doesn't have any brothers or sisters.
_____
b) Clare and the writer enjoy doing the same things.
_____
c) Clare is always happy.
_____
d) Clare and the writer have never had an argument.
_____
e)The writer recently met Clare's family.
_____

 

 

more readings

 

 

 

 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire