dimanche 3 décembre 2017

Repaso 3rd Dic 2017

Documento sin título

1. Choose the correct verb to complete the following sentence.
Maria ________ me not to go outside with my naughty friends.
a) ask                          b) must                        c) cry                           d) told

2.
Complete using don’t mind or don’t care.
            a) “Tea or coffee?”      “I _______________. Whatever you’re making.”
            b) “I hate your haircut!”           “I _______________. I like it.”

3. Complete the sentences with the correct preposition.

a) My boss criticizes me _______ my work.
a. for                                        b. in                                         c. about
b) I agree _______ you about most things, but not politics.
a. with                                      b. about                                   c. in
c) I discuss _______ everything my wife.
a. with                                      b. about                                   c. off
d) I talk with my kids _______ everything.
a. about                                   b. to                                         c. with
e) People love gossiping _______ celebrities.
a. about                                   b. with                                      c. out

 

4. Write in a verb from the box

complain - shout - chat - fight  - admit


a) _________ that you made a mistake.
b) _________ with a colleague in the office about football.
c) _________ with your parents about staying out late.
d) _________ at the kids because they’re annoying you.
e) _________ to the waiter about the cold soup.

5. Change the following sentences from direct to indirect speech.
a) He said, “I have to finish this report by five o’clock.”
->___________________________________________________________.
b) The doctor said, “Mr. Smith will improve quickly.” (use past simple)
->___________________________________________________________.
c) William said to me, “I am leaving in the morning.”
->___________________________________________________________.
d) Mary said, “The train will probably arrive on time.”
->___________________________________________________________.
e) The teacher said, “Everyone has to write a composition.” (use can)
->___________________________________________________________.

6. Complete the conversation with phrasal verbs in the context of work.

Set off - pick up- hang on - get in

            Mark    : You’re arriving in Rome next Friday, right?
            Lucas  : Yes, that’s right.
            Mark    : I’ll (1) ________ you ________ if you like? (collect)
            Lucas  : That would be lovely.
            Mark    : What time does your plane (2) _______________? (arrive)
            Lucas  : (3) _______________ (Wait). I’ll just check on the ticket. Er… 20:45.
            Mark    : OK. If I (4) _______________ (leave the house) at about 8.00p.m., I’ll be there on time.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire